Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why do we hide from the truth?

Why do we hide our true feelings and make it difficult for a man to know what we think or want?

Just the other day I was having a conversation with a dear friend of mine. He's an interesting character - sweet, charming, handsome, a catch except he isn't ready to be caught. He's out living his life, growing up, figuring out who he really is and what he really wants. There's just one problem - the girls keep falling for him. These are very good girls who see a guy that seems to have it together and they fall, knowing they shouldn't. He's not the kind that wants to hurt another person, however just like most guys he can't read between the lines. He's not listening to the underlining words; instead he's listening to exactly what the girl is telling him (the false truth). In the end he's doing exactly what he doesn't want to do - making a girl fall in love with him when he can't love her back, therefore breaking her heart.

I spent 3 hours in the car last night thinking about this conversation. If the girl had been telling me this story I would have deemed the guy an ASS. I would have thought - "You knew she was falling for you and you were too selfish to look past your own wants and desires to see what you were doing" "How could you not see the signs, really?" To be honest, this is what was going through my head while I was talking to the guy. The weird thing about this conversation is that for some reason I couldn't get it out of my head. The time he was telling me these things I could see the confusion in his face. He even asked me to write out exactly what a girl means when she says or does something. In other words he wanted a guide book to women!!!

So during this car ride I asked myself - why do we make it so difficult for guys to truly understand what we want or think? Why are we afraid to tell them the truth - I LIKE YOU AND I WANT TO DATE YOU. No, I don't want to be just friends, and if that's all you want then I can't do this. No, I will not sleep with you unless you want to date me and only me.

What is it that makes us hide the truth??

No comments:

Post a Comment