Friday, May 20, 2011

The first few days after the break up!

If you are going through a break up you know that the first few days, weeks, and sometimes months can be the most difficult. You are probably asking your self: did I make a mistake? what's wrong with me? what did I do wrong? should I go back to him? will anyone ever love me? was I not good enough? and a million more questions that make you second guess your decision to end the relationship or things that won't help you get through this hard time if he ended it with you. Don't worry ladies, every girl (and man - they just won't admit it) ask these very same questions. Here is your answer - you are worth it, you will find someone who loves you, you are good enough, and you are not alone.

I have learned that one of the number one fears of all these Slassy Ladies is that we are afraid of being alone. Well this is where your girl friends come in handy. How many of you had to give up girl time to be with "the guy?" How many of you lost a few friends because of "the guy?" Well we did and learned your friends are still there and will forgive you.

So if you start to feel down or want to call that guy - don't! Call a friend, open a bottle of wine (or a few), have a good cry and listen to one of the original Slassy songs!


2 comments:

  1. I love this blog! I had a boyfriend for 7 years and it took me a really long time to get over him. I found that the following books helped me - It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken & How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right Leah (and Grayson). Whenever an intimate relationship ends it's actually a death. Therefore, one has to go through the grieving process (5 steps)

    1. shock/denial
    2. Anger
    3. Guilt/Barganing
    4. Depression/reflection/lonliness (this is where having supportive friends is awesome)
    5. Acceptance

    Having friends is so important. I love your blog Leah.

    ReplyDelete