Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Welcome to the Slassy Life

How many of you have been in a relationship and thought this is the one, only to find out that you were completely wrong and it all blew up in your face? Well this is how the Slassy Life began!!

Over a year ago there were a group of girls, all in their mid 20's, who were in serious relationships. The conversations consisted of engagement rings, wedding dresses, the dream engagement and all of those things you think about when you think you’re about to be proposed to. In April of 2010 the first of the Slassy Ladies had her life rocked when out of the blue the relationship ended. Over the next 6 months the 3 other Slassy ladies went through similar life changes. Some of the relationships ended and the two remained friends, while some can't even look at each other. The consistent is that each of us rose above this difficult time by relying on each other.

This blog is going to tell the story of 4 young women, all living in the city of Charlotte, who came together to rebuild their lives and realize that being a SLASSY (single lady who is sassy yet oh so classy) is often a lot more fun and crazy than a being girl who is about to spend the rest of her life with the wrong man!

The hope of this blog is that other women/girls, whatever you want to be considered, will realize that you are not alone. Single life is a lot of fun and it's a great place to explore your true self, meet a lot of great women and really dive into your passions. I hope that through this blog you will find yourself laughing, crying, and understanding that it's ok to be single!!

4 comments:

  1. I see a movie or play in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea Leah-Beth. I remember when I was in my 20's (sooo long ago) and I went through a divorce. I didn't react well. Looking back, I realize that I didn't have a supporting support system. All of my buddies that I hung out with soon disappeared as they got tired of my drama. I spent the better part of 2 years grieving at my loss of identity as a husband and my perceived failure as a man. Although your project tells the narrative of hurting women finding empowerment and support, your story has already transcended the gender line and touched me. Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work & good luck! I know these ladies and they are proof that the single life can be alot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great idea...can't wait to read more as this unfolds.

    ReplyDelete