Thursday, May 26, 2011

I bet you're angry

So you've cried, gone out, and remembered what it was like to be single and have fun. Now I bet you're angry, if not, I'm sure it's coming. During the first few weeks, so I would say that first month after my break up, I was doing everything possible to not cry. I went out almost every night and did anything to keep my mind off the fact that I was now alone. I had no idea what I was going to do with my life. The thing you don't know about my relationship is that I was cheated on, not just once, but numerous times. When my relationship ended for good, I didn't know that he was once again cheating on me - I found out the very next day. I remember that when I saw/heard the evidence I just laughed. I couldn't stop - I was shocked, yet not surprised - if that makes any since. I guess I thought he would never do something like that again, but I knew in heart he never changed. That first month of single hood was dedicated to doing everything possible to keep my mind off him.

Once I realized that I didn't need him to be happy I got mad. I was angry that someone I loved and cared for could hurt me. I was mad at the people who knew and didn't tell me. I felt betrayed by the girl who introduced them (I thought she was my friend). So to conquer this feeling I created a play list of  few good songs. Every time I started to get mad, I would listen to my play list and just laugh. From that play list of songs, I learned that I shouldn't be mad at these people - I should say thank you. You just kept me from making an even bigger mistake. What if I would have stayed with him? I wasn't happy in the relationship, I was just afraid of being alone and I was happier being miserable than being alone. Now trust me - that is not the way to live. Today when my Slassy Ladies reminisce on our past relationships, the one thing we always say is thank goodness we are not with him. So your next step is to get mad, let it happen, and create your girl power play list!

To get you started here is one of my theme songs!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, music has healing powers! I have a playlist for every relationship and breakup I have ever had. There is nothing better than singing empowering lyrics at the top of your lungs. I have purchased entire CDs (before the days of Napster and Itunes) for one song that embodied the emotion I shared. Thank goodness for single song purchasing- and single girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! ABHartman you're so right. Music definitely has healing powers. About a year ago, my cousin found out that her fiance was cheating on her. After the break-up and about a month or so of bar hopping she was very angry with the guy and most of all herself. I sent her the song "So What" by Pink. She loved it and to this day "So what is one of her favorites. However, today she laughs at the Tool her fiance was/is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is amazing. I have tons of playlists in my iTunes as well - titled "Girl Powers," "I Will Survive," "My Heart Hurts," "Just Dance," and so many more. I once read a quote, "Music is my boyfriend." So true! Girl powers activated! :)

    ReplyDelete