Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keep it Classy

No matter the situation you may find yourself in a true Slassy Lady always keeps in CLASSY!!!!

Earlier this week I shared with you the time I had to face my Ex, but I didn't finish the story.....

So the wedding was a success and I faced my demon (the EX) but that wasn't the end of the night. As with any great event there is always an after party. The after party was held at the same house the ex and his new girl were staying. The tricky part is that this house happens to be the boyfriend of one of my very best friends. This boyfriend is almost like a brother to me and there was no way I was going to miss this party. So I jumped in the car with the best friend and her boyfriend and headed to the party (his house). I'll never forget the moment I walked into the house. The new girl walked out of the bedroom in some sort of pajama outfit, looked at me then turned right around and headed back to the bedroom where she changed.

I'm not sure why she changed, because all I was in was some old t-shirt and a pair of comfy jeans. This was no time to try and impress someone, at least not for me! I never talked to her that night; I just kept my distance and had fun. I hung out with out of town friends, danced, acted silly and had a great time. However, toward the end of the night I started to feel sorry for her. She kept trying to get my Ex's, her boyfriends, attention but he was being his typical asshole self. He didn't want to have anything to do with her and he made it very clear. I know I shouldn't feel sorry for her (I mean she is "the other girl") but watching them interact made me realize that he used to do the exact same thing to me.

Toward the end of the night I thought it was a little ridiculous that the ex and I hadn't said anything to one another. I mean we dated for 7 years - we went through so many things together, we could at least talk. So I went up to him and asked "why are you ignoring me?" He goes "I just don't want her to feel uncomfortable." I looked him dead in the eye and stated "She knew what she was getting into when she decided to come. Plus I don't know what the big deal is. I mean you don't want to be with me and I defiantly don't want to be with you." I'll never forget the look on his face, he turned white, his eyes were about to pop out of his head and as he slammed his hand down on the counter he stated "that's the best f-ing news I've heard all night" then stormed off. All I could do was laugh. I was completely shocked, I thought he knew I didn't want to be with him - but I guess not. He obviously thought I was still in love with him.

The best part of the night was what I found out later. The morning after the wedding I was chatting with some of the Slassy Ladies. They go "we are so proud of you, but also a little disappointed." I was confused and asked "why disappointed?" They stated "We really wanted you to take her out, thrown down, and show her who she just messed with." (Just so you know there has been one or two bar fights in my life - now that was the old girl who is long gone - so it was something that could/might have happened in the past). Apparently the other girl had also been warned by some of my friends. They told her that it would be best if she didn't come near me, just in case. They let her know that if she said something to really piss me off or if he did something I may turn around and just smack the shit out of her. But I didn't and I didn't want to. I wasn't angry, jealous, mad or any of those things. I really felt sorry for her and I was mad that I was once her.

I kept it Classy and I'm so proud of myself. Not only did I show my friends that I was over him, but I proved to myself that I'm better than that. I don't need a man who isn't going to love and adore me. I had rather be alone, having fun, being free and acting like the true girl that I am than be with someone who is always trying to put me in a corner. So the next time you find yourself in a situation where you may do something you will regret or that tarnish view others have of you, just remember to keep it CLASSY. You'll thank yourself in the morning - and so will your friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment