Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Swingers

So I promised in my last blog that I would share with you one of my crazy adventures on the road. If you have already held a job that requires you to travel for an extensive amount of time you will know that every day is an adventure and you can never predict what will happen next. Well this story is one for the books!!

Just this past spring I was in Nashville, TN (one of my favorite cities) with a few colleagues from other areas of the nation. Our day normally starts around 7:30 and runs till 8:30 that evening. So yes, we are exhausted by the end of the day, but if you have ever been to Nashville you understand that if you have a passion for live music you must go out. Even if you don't have a passion for music and you like to go out and have a good time, then Nashville is the place to go! I have been traveling there for 5 years (2 to 3 times a year) and every time I have a blast. If you have been keeping up with the blog you know that I like to go out and be social, I'm not the type of person who enjoys sitting in a hotel room alone so this is a city for me!

Well we had finished up one of our long days and everyone was exhausted and punked out, except one - Travel Boy. Travel Boy is a dear friend of mine that I have been working with for the past 4 years. He is my go to guy in the state of TN. Anytime I am in TN, he's there and is always willing to go out and do something. Just so you know Travel Boy and I are just friends, we have never hooked up, kissed, or even been on a date - he's just one of my dear friends. It's always nice to have Travel Boy around because he knows when to step in and play the role of boyfriend or just let the conversation happen. It often works in his favor because most of the time he becomes friends with guy as well and we have a blast. (It works in my favor as well if the situation is switched)

On this particular evening Travel Boy picked me up from my hotel and we headed to Broadway. A friend from home told me I had to check out this place called Paradise Park so we did. The music was great; there wasn't a huge crowd, just a good ol' hang out spot. Travel Boy and I were sitting at a table enjoying the music when this girl popped out of nowhere and joined us. She waited for the song to end and then introduced herself. She started telling us how it was her birthday and she was so excited because her boyfriend just popped the question and so on. Travel Boy and I were completely entertained by this girl, she was a little tipsy but really easy to talk to and funny. A few moments later her boyfriend showed up with a pitcher of beer and 4 cups. He sat right down filled up the cups and handed them out. Travel Boy and I looked at each and said "Well here's to Nashville" (looking back on this situation this was not a smart idea. If you do not know someone and you are in a strange bar with strange/new people do not accept their drink, especially if you didn't see the bar tender poor it).

The guy ended up playing pool with Travel Boy and the girl and I danced the night away. About an hour into meeting these people I started to feel a little weird. The girl kept talking about her boyfriend and how good he was in bed. How she had never been with anyone as great, willing to experiment and just loving. I can understand the first time (weird because I really don't know you, but whatever). When she kept on and on describing details of things they do I started to get a little uncomfortable. She then started asking about Travel Boy - if we were together (I immediately answered yes), how was he in bed, what types of things we like to do together (like crazy freaky things). I didn't know how to answer the questions I just kinda nodded and let her keep talking.

I ran off to the bathroom and before I reached the door Travel Boy grabbed my arm and asked if I was ok. I told him yeah but that this girl is starting to freak me out. He said "good, because this guy is crazy" apparently he had been asking Travel Boy the same questions and telling him the same sort of stories. Within 10 minutes we had said our goodbyes and ran off to the next bar.

The next morning Travel Boy and I were reminiscing over the night with another colleague of ours when Travel Boy told me that the guy asked him if we were willing to experiment with new people. I then realized that this couple wanted to SWING.

What I have learned is that if you ever find a couple expressing their sex life with you and you don't know them - RUN (unless you’re into that sort of thing).  

No comments:

Post a Comment